FANTASTIC ROLE FOR A LIVE OUT HOUSE MANAGER BASED IN OXFORD
We are looking for a Live-Out House Manager for our client’s property in Oxford which is a 1000 m2 house, on 4 storeys, 4 bedrooms, and 4 bathrooms with 2500m 2 grounds. As this is a part time residence and the family are only in-house for one third of the year this is a position of trust so you must be self-motivated and driven working alongside the Housekeeper to ensure the house is always kept in pristine condition and overseeing the Gardener.
You will spend 80% of your working time based at the Oxford property getting new systems into place and organising the home which was recently purchased. Once the house is organised and running to the high standards expected the other 20% of the time you will be required to go to another of their homes in the Austrian mountains.
You will oversee one housekeeper in Oxford plus the gardener and two housekeepers in Austria.
You are required to be hands on in duties and to lead by example, this is paramount! You may be training staff from time to time, working with them and supervising them. You will be in charge of inventories for all clothing for the principals and be in charge of Household security and AV systems. You will liaise with the companies that monitor them and oversee any contractors. As the House Manager you will anticipate the needs of the principals, their home and their guests ensuring a high level of service is given at all times. You will welcome guests hospitably, manage the household budget keeping a ledger of all expenditure, overseeing service providers and performing light housekeeping duties where needed. Laundry supervision (folding, crease in trousers, packing of prepared items and unpacking etc).
We are looking for candidates who have a true passion for service and an intrinsic knowledge of high end clients and their expectations. We are looking for those who strive for perfectionism, are completely at their best in private service hospitality with an eager eye for detail, excellent coordination of timings and an overall OCD approach to their work.
The ideal candidate may have previously worked on yachts as a Chief Stewardess however this is not essential as long as you have impeccable standards and proven ability to offer the highest levels of service with prior experience of working in a private household setting . We are looking for white glove level of service!
A driver is required as you may occasionally be asked to run errands. A car will be at the property in Oxford but it is not for your sole use. The principals will use the vehicle when they are in residence.
You must speak very good English and German speaking is a bonus although not essential. Willingness to learn German would be great!
This role would suit quiet and reserved personalities that are always impeccable in their appearance with a flexible approach being attentive to the needs of the principals and also knowing when to withdraw and let the clients have their private time.
A small amount of cooking is required but this is not to dinner party standards, simple healthy family meals including breakfast and family dinners for up to 4 people.
The principals have a baby so you must be child friendly although child care duties are not required and the family do not have pets.
When required you will travel with/ahead of the Family to Austria and will oversee two Housekeepers and ensure the home is properly organised and ready for their arrival.
When the family are not in residence in Oxford you can work Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm with flexibility given on both sides, (if you are needed on a weekend, for example to oversee tradesmen you must be available. The family rarely use the property at weekends but when in residence you must be willing to work longer hours/days from 7/8.00am up to 9.00pm.
When you work extra days/hours you will have time off in lieu
Salary will be according to age and experience from £45,000 - £75,000 p.a.