SOCIAL MEDIA SAVVY ASSISTANT PROTOCOL OFFICER TO RELOCATE FOR OVERSEAS THINK TANK - DIPLOMACY, PROTOCOL, DIGITAL MARKETING & RESEARCH FUNCTIONS WITH INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
We are looking for a social media savvy Assistant Protocol Officer to work across diplomacy, protocol, digital marketing & research for an international, overseas think tank, in what will be a very niche role supporting the Founders and joining a well-established and close-knit ex-pat team for a minimum of a 2 year contract, renewable.
Our clients are looking for a highly driven professional with native or near native proficiency in both verbal and written English. The position is based in Malaysia and requires relocation and a commitment to staying within the region for a minimum of 2 years (full-time, fixed term contract - renewable). This position provides the opportunity to assist the institute's international thought leaders and national leaders at the highest levels of international business and politics.
Our clients are both an academic institute and a think tank/advisory firm that applies strategy theory, framework and tools to create powerful solutions that are high impact, low cost, and rapidly executed. The Institute’s mission is to support the public sector to achieve its future goals by applying this strategy while establishing a community of likeminded thinkers and practitioners. Through working with this strategy, over 80 ministries and agencies – from the police and military, to women, youth, and higher education organisations – are collaborating to formulate and execute creative initiatives that are transforming the country.
- Manage, plan, coordinate and execute all aspects of protocol support for the institute's top management, board members and their distinguished guests.
- Plan, coordinate and execute high-level foreign and domestic visits/functions, ceremonies, special events and meetings hosted by the senior leadership. This includes conducting research and identifying potential site locations, facility selections, gift exchanges, invitations, seating arrangements, press coverage, etc. and arranging the necessary logistics.
- Help senior leadership forge important relationships and guide them in terms of etiquette to ensure that they avoid making cultural mistakes.
- Develop and maintain reliable sources of information from government, interest groups and other organisations that provide timely and accurate data on political, economic, and social developments of different countries.
- Map out a digital and social media marketing strategy and collaborate with the existing team to execute the strategy.
- Assist in developing and managing digital marketing contents and campaigns across various social media platforms. Monitor the impact of social media campaigns. Analyse, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Edit and proofread a variety of content types, ensuring it meets style, tone and marketing message requirements.
- Develop and manage research projects in various sectors/disciplines (academic, public policy, business, real estate, digital marketing, human resources, etc.)
- Flexibility and mobility are crucial. In line with team spirit, work on other special tasks assigned by the members of the Board and the CEO. May be required to work and/or be "on call" after normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays.
REQUIRED EDUCATION (degrees, licenses, certifications, etc.):
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a prestigious University that is internationally recognised.
- Master’s degree and/or Ph.D. preferred but not necessary.
- All new hires require Mandatory Protocol Training upon joining.
IDEAL CANDIDATE AND RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years of full-time work experience in a professional setting, a minimum of 1-year experience in Asia preferred). For work permit eligibility in Malaysia: Professionals above 25 years of age.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Native or Near Native English Speaker preferred.
- Demonstrate maturity to handle diplomatic situations.
- Critical thinker with high ability to multi-task as well as multi-function.
- High level of commitment. Willing to work long hours to fulfill their duties.
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow-through with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to quickly adjust to different cultures and share responsibilities and rewards within a team.
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Energetic person with fresh innovative ideas who is social media savvy and technology savvy.
- Positive and proactive attitude as well as highly emotionally intelligent.
- Starting date: As soon as possible
This is an amazing opportunity for the right person and the salary on offer is competitive and will increase over time depending on your performance. On top of your basic salary, you will be awarded with a 40% bonus which will be attributed depending on your own personal performance and achievement, along with a generous relocation allowance, a one way ticket to Malaysia when you start and a round trip home one once a year. You will also be awarded with 15 days annual leave per year, along with public bank holidays and any out of hours days worked given back in lieu, which can either be cashed in or rolled over year on year. Our clients will also arrange visas for partners, spouses and dependents depending on the right candidate's personal situation.
You will be expected to travel and this is a position which will see you develop and progress, supporting and working with a team of entrepreneurial, forward thinkers in what could be a long-term move and commitment.
If interested to find out more, please do get in touch - we'd love to hear from you!
Please note, candidates with relevant experience and excellent, checkable references need only apply.