RECEPTIONIST & BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR FOR HIGH PROFILE BUSINESSMAN BASED IN CENTRAL LONDON IN AMAZING OFFICE!
We are looking for a high calibre Receptionist & Administrator who thrives in a busy office environment where hard work and high standards are expected.
Reception (shared with other Receptionist & Business Administrators)
- Managing reception to include answering the telephones and transferring calls or taking messages, meeting and greeting guests, preparing and serving drinks to guests and staff, clearing meeting rooms after guests have left, preparing laptop and any other relevant paperwork for interview tests
- Liaising with contractors and external suppliers (e.g. cleaners, electricians, flower companies) and diarising all facilities-related visitors and events in the office calendar
- Supervising contractors throughout office visits and keeping records of their site visits and of maintenance costs, as per the office’s contractor procedure.
- Office diary management to include booking meeting rooms for staff, scheduling annual leave in Outlook and adding recurring and one off events to the office calendar (birthdays, contractors, all day events etc.) and ad hoc diary management for Partners and senior staff
- Event organising, e.g. JP Morgan Corporate Challenge, Mini Christmas Party, Friday Lunches, Monthly Drinks
- Assistance on ad hoc project work for Research team
- Managing office expenses, invoices and petty cash
- Managing office library and keeping library records up to date as well as handling magazine and newspaper subscriptions
- Updating the Office Management Wiki with necessary new details or changes to office procedural codes of practice, to ensure it remains up-to-date and accurate
- Daily interaction with security guards regarding food orders, cleaners, suppliers, deliveries, security procedures etc.
- Daily interaction with caretaker, updating him on any new procedures and acting as first point of contact, including logging all outbound post before the caretaker takes it out of the building
- Assisting IT team with security-related issues (power down events, panic button testing) and placing online orders for IT and other office equipment, to include research and price -checking for the best options
- Booking confidential waste collections with Datashred
- Maintaining fully stocked stationery, kitchen and shower room supplies
- Maintaining up-to-date inventory of office contents
- Receiving deliveries and distributing incoming post or couriered items to staff
- Making and logging courier bookings, and reviewing courier charges and service levels
- Making and logging taxi bookings.
- Strong preference for 2.1 degree from Russell Group university (or equivalent international institution) and good A Level/GCSE (or equivalent exam) grades
- Very strong administrative skills
- Excellent IT skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Good typing speed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good at multi-tasking and working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and professional
- Well-presented and well spoken
- A calm, discreet and confident nature
- Quick thinking with lots of initiative
- Able to cooperate with other Receptionist & Administrators, in order to work together effectively with the ability to provide cover for each other where required.
Note on Hours:
Reception will be staffed from 07:00 until 19:30 by three Receptionist & Administrators working in shifts. Shifts can be alternated and are usually expected to be approx. 07:00 – 17:00, 08:30 – 18:30 and 09:30 – 19:30 although employees need to work the hours to get the job done.