EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR A SALES & MARKETING MANAGER WITH PR CAPABILITIES REQUIRED FOR LUXURY HOTEL IN SWITZERLAND - LANGUAGE SKILLS A MUST
We are looking for a Sales & Marketing (& PR) Manager to join a well-established team at a prestigious luxury hotel of the world in Switzerland. You will be solely responsible for the growth, awareness and image of the hotel across all channels and you will be innovative and pro-active, while recognising the values of traditional organisation and order.
You will be a highly motivated, creative and organised individual and we are looking for candidates who are at least fluent in English and German, with an excellent capacity for French (or vice-versa French-German). You must be able to communicate and mingle with individuals from all backgrounds, whether they be heads of state, or local farmers, and you will have an appreciation and natural flair with all. You must be very hands on and thirsty for results driven activities.
Reporting to the Managing Director and overseeing a Sales & Marketing (& PR) Trainee/Junior the role requirements will be as follows:
- Professional management experience in Sales & Marketing (& PR)
- Knowledge/experience of global booking agencies/contracts
- Good computer and MS Office skills
- Excellent knowledge of foreign languages ; German, English and French
- Evident sales abilities
- Interest/understanding of Social Media and its application
- (Highly pro-active nature)
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Planning marketing/PR/advertising activities and sales initiatives
- Creating and maintaining a consistent marketing plan
- Planning and overseeing certain client visits, VVIP guests, journalists and press visits
- Organising and executing trade fairs (local contact person)
- Acquisition of new customers for all divisions (MICE, Leisure, FIT)
- Production of the design & distribution of offers and services for all departments
- Processing and strategic planning of the core markets; Switzerland and Europe, in accordance with Sales and Marketing Plan
- Evaluation of new sales channels in terms of sales growth
- Maintaining fidelio & contact database/s
- Local promotions (e-communication, advertising, flyers etc.)
- Overseeing Social Media application
Operational tasks will include:
Development and management of existing and growing customer base
- Execution and documentation of sales activities (trade shows, sales calls, events)
- Follow up on customer visits and continuation of contacts
- Conducting house tours
- Ensure cooperation and relationship building with tour operators and tour partners (SDH, SLH, Swiss Tourism and so on)
- Website management
Reporting tasks will include:
- Market analysis and various statistics responsibility
- Increasing hotel leisure and conferencing utilisation through customer acquisition
- Increasing positive awareness of the Hotel
- Signing authority under the regular procedures
- Decision-making powers under the regular procedures
- Price negotiations in accordance with Hotel guidelines
- Reporting to the Managing Director
- Regular communication and meetings with Rooms Division, FOM and Events Team
The list of tasks is not intended to be exhaustive. The individual requirements of the day-to-day business are always the focus and will be actioned accordingly.
Our clients are looking for make a hire with a view for the new Manager to start before December 2016. There is an attractive salary on offer of around £60,000 gross p.a. (negotiable depending one experience and fit), with a wider package on top of this to include; a 13th month bonus, meal plans, discounts off hotel facilities, spa use twice a season, perks and benefits with other partnered hotels, accommodation on a temporary basis for international candidates relocating to the region and so on.
If this sounds like the role for you then please get in touch - we'd love to hear from you!
Please note, candidates with relevant experience and excellent, checkable references need only apply.