Chief Steward / Stewardess
Yacht Chief Steward/Stewardess StaffingWhen hosting guests on your yacht, you expect your stewards to provide outstanding and anticipatory service. The Chief Steward/ess assures your staff members will perform the required duties efficiently and discreetly, ensuring a luxurious experience.
Contact UsQuintessentially People are one of the global leaders in yacht staffing. With headquarters in London and offices in New York, Los Angeles, Fort Lauderdale, Cannes and Palma, we can provide access to the professionals who understand your lifestyle.
For more information on recruiting a Chief Steward/ess for your yacht, contact Quintessentially People.
- Manages steward/ess schedules
- Oversees interior cleaning and maintenance
- Manages interior budget and inventories
- Coordinates guest activities and requests
- We can recruit for you no matter where you live
Contact us and we'll find a Chief Steward or Stewardess perfect for you and your guests.
Hire a Yacht Chief Stewardess or StewardTypically, a Chief Steward/ess will evolve into this role from working their way up from a Steward/ess role and will be experienced in all hands-on duties involved with the interior of the yacht. This more senior position will see him/her in charge of all interior staff and departments, including steward/esses, housekeepers and laundry staff. The Chief Steward/ess will report directly to the Captain and will manage all interior budgets and inventories, supporting and deputizing for the Purser in administration duties. Typical responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Managing steward/ess schedules and delegating duties for guest services and cleaning
• Overseeing interior cleaning and maintenance
• Planning interior inventories
• Managing interior budgets and accounting
• Liaising and communicating with guests in relation to full service
• Liaising with galley and chefs for meal services
• Coordinating all guest activities and requests
• Assisting deck crew as required with lines and fenders on desk
The Chief Steward/ess will be second to none in the service they and their interior team provide. Attention to detail is key, along with having the ability to always be two steps ahead, planning for different situations and having operations in place to troubleshoot for each of these situations. The ideal candidate will be able to anticipate their guests’ requests and needs before they are made known and perhaps most importantly he/she will display the utmost discretion and confidentiality, within a luxury 7-star environment. An outstanding work ethic and the ability to demonstrate a positive and energetic attitude through long days are essential. The Chief Steward/ess will be open-minded, flexible and ready for new challenges everyday.