Purser StaffingYou’ll interview professionals who work at the top of the field and enjoy an unparalleled customer service experience unlike any other recruitment agency can offer. No matter where you are in the world or how large your vessel, Quintessentially People are the agency that will help you achieve your staffing goals.
Contact UsWhen it comes to international yacht staffing, Quintessentially People are the global resource that busy individuals turn to for expert, knowledgeable assistance. With headquarters in London and offices in New York, Los Angeles, Fort Lauderdale, Cannes and Palma, our associates can easily source a respected, experienced professional for your yacht.
Recruit your next Purser with Quintessentially People by contacting us now.
- Organizes interior inventory
- Manages interior purchasing and provisioning
- Manages all yacht, deck, and maintenance accounting
- Coordinates all guest activities and requests
- We can recruit for you no matter where you live
Use our online contact form to have us help you find the ideal Purser for your yacht.
Hire A PurserThe Purser’s role is a highly administrative one and is only found on very large yachts. The Purser will be an established Chief Steward/ess and he/she may be elected to move into such a role. It will require the individual to have a strong background in all areas of caring for passengers and the interior of a yacht; including service, administration and crew management, as well as having a well-rounded knowledge of all other departments within the yacht. A Purser’s duties will oversee all operations within the interior department and will include, but not limited to:
• Organizing interior inventory
• Managing interior purchasing and provisioning
• Accounting for the entire yacht; including deck and maintenance departments
• Liaising and communications with guests and all crew
• Coordinating all guest activities and requests
• Supporting the Captain with the yacht’s paperwork
• Crew management and overseeing all personnel paperwork
The Purser will have a strong background in financial management, advanced computer skills, vast knowledge of wines, service and housekeeping, strong contacts with restaurants, clubs, shops and service providers in cruising areas as well as extensive hands-on service skills. This individual will demonstrate communication and organizational skills, diplomacy, discretion and the ability to delegate. An effective and proficient management style makes the Purser a key member of a yacht’s staffing management team.