Yacht Second Engineer StaffingQuintessentially People’s yacht staffing group, headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, can source engineering staff who has worked for individuals including royalty, celebrities, executives, politicians and other high-profile individuals. Regardless of your needs, we guarantee your future hire will meet your precise specifications for professionalism, experience and discretion. Get in touch with us and make your yacht crew the world-class staff you deserve.
Contact UsNo matter where you are in the world or how large your yacht, Quintessentially People are uniquely qualified to help you staff your vessel. With company headquarters in London and offices in New York, Los Angeles, Fort Lauderdale, Cannes and Palma, we have the contacts you need to source a new Second Engineer quickly, regardless of your location.
To recruit your next yacht Second Engineer, contact Quintessentially People.
- Ensures general safety procedures are followed
- Adheres to cleaning and maintenance processes
- Assist and supports other members of engineering department
- Maintain electrical and mechanical processes
- We can recruit for you no matter where you live
Contact us to find the right Yacht Second Engineer for your crew.
Hire a Second Engineer for Your YachtThe main function of the Second Engineer is to maintain the mechanical and electrical processes of the yacht. The duties can range from very large complicated duties in assisting one of the more specific members of the engineering department, or it can entail something as small as fixing a hairdryer for guests, or fixing a sink. The Second Engineer is directly responsible to the Chief Engineer and will assist and support all other members of the engineering department as required. The Second Engineer will have to be able to cope with all situations, whether engine-room work, or face-to-face communications with the guests; he/she must be presentable, articulate and knowledgeable within their field. Job duties will include, but not limited to:
• Ensuring general safety procedures are followed in the engine room
• Adhering to cleanliness and maintenance processes in the engine room
• Increasing knowledge and furthering learning of all systems on board the yacht
• Continuing education and licensing
The Engineer will be a team player, highly flexible and adaptable, as well as a person who can multitask and take direction. A quick-thinker, self-starter and hard worker is best suited for this role.