Yacht Chief Engineer StaffingQuintessentially People are an international staffing agency that recruits talented professionals for globally minded individuals and businesses. Our yacht staffing group, headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, has access to experienced, highly trained yacht engineers available for placement around the world.
Contact UsQuintessentially People are uniquely positioned to recruit a yacht Chief Engineer who will meet your needs, no matter where you are in the world. With company headquarters in London and offices in New York, Los Angeles, Fort Lauderdale, Cannes and Palma, we’re ready to meet the requirements of our diverse clientele.
To recruit your next yacht Chief Engineer, contact Quintessentially People.
- Oversees engine room operations and safety
- Maintains Yacht's engineering operations
- Trains and manages all engineers
- Oversees maintenance schedule
- We can recruit for you no matter where you live
Fill out our online contact form to have us help you find your next Yacht Chief Engineer.
Hire a Chief Engineer for Your YachtThe Chief Engineer is ultimately responsible for the entire engineering department and will oversee its safe and efficient operation. The Chief Engineer will report directly to the Captain and will manage all the engineers and electricians, as well as any other crew who form the engineering department. The Chief Engineer will get involved with the day-to-day duties of maintaining the mechanical and electrical operations of the yacht, while supervising the team and ensuring all planned maintenance takes place. Duties will involve:
• Overseeing ultimate safety for engine room operations
• Maintaining the yacht’s entire engineering operations
• Managing and directing engine repairs and refits
• Managing, training and delegating to all engineers and deck crew
• Engineering inventory
• Panning maintenance schedule and overseeing all operations/systems
• Communicating and liaising with on-shore maintenance and engineers
• Sourcing, purchasing and maintaining a budget for parts for the yacht
A Chief Engineer will be very technically-minded and he/she must be able to switch from hands-on engine room work to interacting and communicating with guests. The Chief Engineer’s main objective is to keep the yacht’s mechanical side running without a hitch, and on smaller yachts, it’s not unusual for the Chief Engineer to be required to assist on deck, particularly with regards to docking and anchoring operations. The Chief Engineer will be an expert in technical matters and will have extensive problem solving experience. Advanced knowledge of all on-board systems is essential, and he/she will demonstrate an aptitude for planning and prioritizing preventative maintenance. He/she will be able to multitask, will be able to delegate and train, maintain a good network of contractors, and demonstrate expertise with accounting.