Laundress StaffingIf you’ve ever experienced the frustration of accidentally damaging expensive fabric because you weren’t entirely sure how to launder it, a Laundress can help. A properly trained and experienced Laundress cleans and repairs a wide variety of fabrics, including apparel, linens and often household fabrics, using the most effective techniques and cleansers.
- Washes, irons, and repairs clothing, table linens, and sheets
- Organizes closets and dressers
- Maintains inventory of apparel, linens, and fabric furnishings
- Maintains storage and rotation of seasonal clothing
- We can recruit for you no matter where you live
Call your regional office or fill out our contact form to find a Laundress for your needs.
Hire a LaundressA Laundress is responsible for washing, ironing and steaming clothing, table linens and sheets, as well as organizing the closets and dressers. She may also be required to care for the polishing of shoes.
Additionally, a Laundress often takes and maintains an inventory of apparel, linens and fabric furnishings, and stores them appropriately for seasonal usage. You may ask your Laundress to make seasonal closet changes, organizing clothes, drawer contents as required. Should your apparel, linens or furnishings require repair, the laundress can address it personally or recommend replacement. The Laundress should be able to manage rips, holes, stains, missing buttons, loose stitching and other common fabric problems.
A qualified Laundress will:
• Monitor the integrity and condition of apparel, linens and household fabrics. Should mending, stitching or other repairs be required, the Laundress will address those tasks before being asked.
• Properly clean and store apparel, linens and household fabrics. The Laundress will know how to clean and protect fine fabrics such as silk and cashmere. The Laundress will also utilize the safest and most effective techniques for steaming and ironing.
• Remove stains without damaging fabric or recommend replacement when necessary.
• Demonstrate anticipatory thinking and maintain an air of professionalism and discretion at all times.