Houseman StaffingOur talent pool of qualified candidates includes professionals who have worked for commercial enterprises, royalty, celebrities, executives and other high-performing individuals. Hire the Houseman who will manage your affairs smoothly, competently and discreetly with help from Quintessentially People.
Contact Quintessentially PeopleQuintessentially People operates offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Fort Lauderdale, Cannes and Palma. Contact the office closest to your home to hire the Houseman who’s right for you.
- Responsible for heavy housework
- Uses commercial cleaning equipment to keep house clean and safe
- Maintains public areas and assures walkways are clear
- Manages vendors and other staff
- We can recruit for you no matter where you live
Call us or fill out our contact form to find a Houseman who's right for you.
Hire a HousemanA Houseman is responsible for the heavy housework, such as cleaning the hardwood and marble floors, vacuuming and polishing silver and brass and repairs. A Houseman should also have experience using commercial cleaning equipment — including carpet cleaners and push sweepers — as well as demonstrate knowledge of the most effective cleaning techniques and safety practices. Maintaining the bathrooms, disposing of the trash, replacing dirty linens, refreshing supplies, managing inventory and assuring walkways are clear and safe following inclement weather are all responsibilities a Houseman may handle. They can also manage vendors and oversee other staff.
A qualified Houseman will:
• Demonstrate knowledge of the best cleaning and maintenance techniques. The Houseman will use the proper cleaning materials and tools, understanding that certain surfaces respond differently to cleansers and polishers. The Houseman will preemptively maintain surfaces, fixtures and other household items as required, avoiding damage or tarnishing, and assuring years of future use.
• Demonstrate anticipatory thinking skills and discretion as well as have the energy to complete job requirements efficiently and effectively. Heavy housework is a tiring job requiring many hours of daily physical labor. The Houseman will have the health and stamina to undertake the job responsibilities properly. In addition, the Houseman will anticipate cleaning and maintenance needs and address them before being asked.
• Manage cleaning inventory supplies, maintain equipment and outsource repairs when necessary. The Houseman will be responsible for assuring that necessary supplies and equipment are available and in good working order at all times. If the Houseman is unable to personally repair equipment, the Houseman will outsource as required.
• Assist other household staff members as required. When asked, the Houseman will help other staff members with household tasks.