Commis Chef RecruitmentYou’ll gain access to trainable professionals who will one day work at the top of the field, preparing deliciously inventive cuisine suitable for presentation in the world’s best restaurants and homes. When nothing but an extraordinary talent pool will do, contact Quintessentially People to hire your next Commis Chef.
Contact UsFrom Michelin-starred chefs to those just beginning their careers, Quintessentially People will recruit the talented professional your kitchen needs to achieve its goals. With company headquarters in London and offices in New York, Los Angeles, Fort Lauderdale, Cannes and Palma, you’ll gain access to the best of candidates, no matter where you are in the world.
To recruit your next Commis Chef, contact Quintessentially People.
- Checks and verifies quality of daily orders
- Assists senior chefs as needed
- Monitors refrigeration to maintain food safety
- Keeps kitchen stocks and ensures proper food rotation
- We can recruit for you no matter where your restaurant is
Contact us to help you find your next Commis Chef.
Hire a Commis ChefThe Commis Chef’s role within a larger kitchen is as a professional who works under the direction of a Chef de Partie to learn about responsibilities and the kitchen’s operation. The Commis Chef gains considerable experience as they are expected to work harder and for longer hours to establish themselves. A Commis Chef will be trained every day and will be given jobs from all sections in the kitchen to improve knowledge and skill base.
The responsibilities of the Commis Chef include:
• Checking daily orders and verifying the quality of the orders once delivered.
• Preparing of basic vegetables and recipes.
• Assisting senior members of the kitchen team as required.
• Monitoring refrigeration to assure proper temperature.
• Kitchen and stock rotation.
In addition to these responsibilities, the Commis Chef will learn the essential functions of an executive chef, including menu planning, wine selection, food safety and storage, diets and allergies, regional cuisines, nutrition and other responsibilities. The willingness to take direction as well as energy, motivation and a tireless attitude are required to succeed in the Commis Chef role.