Sous Chef RecruitmentAs the deputy to the executive chef, a talented Sous Chef plays an essential role in the overall management of the kitchen and the quality of the food served.
We’ll provide you with candidates who will help your kitchen achieve your goals for culinary excellence. No matter the size of your restaurant or where you are in the world, Quintessentially People are here to help.
Contact UsQuintessentially People are the international staffing agency that top restaurants count on for high-quality restaurant recruits. With headquarters in London and offices in New York, Los Angeles, Fort Lauderdale, Cannes and Palma, we are well positioned to source the Sous Chef who meets your needs — no matter where you are in the world.
Recruit your next Sous Chef with Quintessentially People. Contact us today.
- Develops scheduling and training for kitchen staff
- Accountable for kitchen inventory, cleanliness, and organization
- Carries out Head Chef's directives
- Oversees timely rotation of all food and products
- We can recruit for you no matter where your restaurant is
Fill out our contact form or call us to find the perfect Sous Chef to meet your needs.
Hire a Sous ChefA Sous Chef is the second-in-command and direct assistant of the Chef de Cuisine. This person may be responsible for scheduling the kitchen staff, and substituting when the head chef is off-duty; he/she will also fill-in for or assist the Chef de Partie (line cook) when needed. This person is accountable for the kitchen's inventory, cleanliness, organization, and the ongoing training of its entire staff. A Sous Chef's duties can also include carrying out the Head Chef's directives, conducting line checks, and overseeing the timely rotation of all food product.
A qualified Sous Chef will:
• Demonstrate the years of experience and requisite training you require.
• Demonstrate sound management ability and excellent organization skills, in addition to technical skills and natural talent for menu planning and food preparation.
• Assure the kitchen maintains adequate inventories of supplies, and that kitchen tools remain in proper working order.
• Verify the quality of the ingredients ordered.
• Assure food safety, serving and storage standards are maintained to the highest possible levels.
• Demonstrate knowledge of allergies, diets, nutrition and regional cuisines.
A Sous Chef can work long hours. An energetic attitude and the patience to manage an array of personalities are essential for success in this role.